The phrase “digital marketing” gets bandied about quite a bit these days. It’s one of those expressions that’s easy to use in a sentence, but a little more difficult to define.
Some people say that digital marketing is any kind of marketing that uses electronic devices. Others say it’s Internet-based marketing.
This article answers the question, “What is Digital Marketing.”
Opinions vary, but the Wikipedia definition of what is digital marketing is probably the best.
Definition: “Digital marketing is an umbrella term for the marketing of products or services using digital technologies, mainly on the Internet, but also including mobile phones, display advertising, and any other digital medium.”
The reality is, people spend twice as much time online as they used to 12 years ago. And while we say it a lot, the way people shop and buy really has changed, meaning offline marketing isn’t as effective as it used to be.
Marketing has always been about connecting with your audience in the right place and at the right time. Today, that means that you need to meet them where they are already spending time: on the internet.
From your website itself to your online branding assets — digital advertising, email marketing, online brochures, and beyond — there’s a huge spectrum of tactics and assets that fall under the umbrella of digital marketing.
Benefits of Digital Marketing
1. More Cost-Effective Than Traditional Marketing
Digital marketing lets you save your money to a substantial extent. This has the potential to replace costly advertising channels such as television, radio, and yellow pages.
With email marketing automation, you can boost your leads. Thus, it will allow you to pre-load content and schedule it for sending out the content at key times.
2. Improved Conversion Rates
Converting a customer online is not a big deal. All you need to do is just make your marketing strategy an engaging one. Targeted traffic offers bigger chances for conversion. Unlike other types of advertising, digital marketing lets you have a two-way conversation with customers and leads. Through digital marketing, you can reach out to your customers at any time. Instead of bothering them with multiple phone calls, reaching customers online seems to be a better idea. Just send an email and let them make a purchase and learn more about your organization. From such interactions, important leads can be generated, which would eventually bring an increase in conversion rates.
3. Higher ROI from Your Campaigns
Digital marketing companies optimize conversion rates to achieve maximum Return on Investment (ROI) for businesses. With smarter branding and better revenues, digital marketing can fetch a better ROI than traditional marketing. With effective tracking and monitoring methods, results can be analyzed. It helps the organizations to take necessary measures as soon as possible. With digital marketing, you can generate a steady flow of targeted traffic that gets converted into sales and leads. And, the more your business generates this kind of traffic, the faster you can enjoy your ROI.
4. Earn People’s Trust and Build Brand Reputation
Digital Marketing leverages on social media signals, social proof and testimonials availed from bonafide consumers. The more reliable these social signals are, the higher the trust rate it can generate from targeted audiences.
People would trust information about a particular brand if the data comes from people they know. And once you meet their expectations, your brand reputation will go viral. Eventually, it will open new doors of opportunities for reaching bigger markets.
5. Improve Your Outreach
Since digital marketing takes place online, it is accessible to the global audience. Whereas traditional marketing limits you to a particular geographic area, its modern counterpart can help you interact with the customers quite easily. On the other hand, it seems like having your storefront open all day long. And with digital marketing specialists, you can respond to posts promptly on your platforms. It doesn’t take long for gaining publicity to enhance the prospects and enjoy the benefits of digital marketing for your business at its best.
6. Content Flow
The creation and promotion of content assets for the purpose of generating brand awareness, traffic growth, lead generation, or customers.
Types of digital marketing
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
· When the website was designed and developed, the next channel that would be considered to be useful for the management is SEO Services Channel. This channel can be useful when people search in Google search engine by the keywords then the optimized website will come 1st in google search engine result page SERP. When people search for the product or service then the website will be shown to them and by clicking on the website it will open and shows the details and can generate sales from it.
Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Advertising
· PPC Advertising gives you an opportunity to pay for top positions on search engines and relevant partner websites. This is the best channel for promoting products, lead generations, brand awareness, and sales, as it is paid advertising which can be easily getting ROI faster and effectively. This channel has instant benefits and particularly targeted options to advertise your product or service in mobile, desktop and tabs.
Social Media Marketing (SMM)
· All the people in the world have hands-on these social media networks like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, etc. This is a huge place to advertise the products or services by business pages which can reach to the targeted audiences. Here, SMM strengthens the relationship with customers and business owners and also boosts customer’s confidence by interacting and participating with trusted people.
· For every type of marketing the service or product, there should be a creative content that shows to the customer for convincing them and buy the product. This channel is most important and can be useful for every basic type of marketing and promotions, as the business owner should grab the attention of the stranger and convince to buy product or service by reaching them with the unique style and new content that can attract people easily.
· Email Marketing is communicating commercial information with a group of B2B or B2C people using Email-Platform or Email-Medium. Email Marketing is mainly used for marketers by connecting with their prospects and customers in a highly targeted way.
There you go, all the inner bellies of Digital Marketing and why you should enjoy its benefits.